"i like this one part of my essay, this writing is good" i say to the quote i used that someone else wrote56 mins ago
when it's finally friday and i'm ready to unwind https://t.co/p5rxsIQSQd1 hour ago
hell yeah i am VIP v ery i nto p izza rolls2 hours ago
is it okay to cancel a date because i want to stay home and sew my dogs matching rhinestone cowboy vests3 hours ago
@morganapple we are staying in the haunted house together for texas book fest and i am EXTREMELY EXCITED4 hours ago
ORDER MY BOOK! Felt in the Jaw: Stories
- The Rumpus - Hand-Operated Shearing Instruments
- The Toast - U-hauling Is For Social Media Lovers
- Burrow Press Review - The Body, Forever
- Fourculture Magazine - The Body and the Blood
- The Rumpus - Letters in the Mail
- Superstition Review - Guest Post: “I Come From a Family” Writing and Rewriting Familial Truth in Fiction
- Salon - My feminine, compulsive “sorry”: I apologize for everything from having an opinion to taking up space
- Catapult - The Lord's Supper
- The Nervous Breakdown - Dis/comfort
- Superstition Review - Guest Post: Writing Queer: Away from the Body and into the Interior
- Electric Literature - The Queer Erotics of Handholding in Literature
- Literary Hub - The Problem With Writing About Florida
- The Rumpus - Letters in the Mail
BLOGGING AT PLOUGHSHARES
- “Heat and Rage and the Sweet Stink of Broken Flowers”: Place Informs Character in Bastard out of Carolina
- The Effluvia of Short Fiction
- Navigating the “Pitiable Skull” in Jean Stafford’s "The Interior Castle"
- Superstition Review - Brotherhood of the Possum
- Timber Journal - Alignment in a Ford F-150
- Hawaii Pacific Review - The Locusts
- Pithead Chapel - A Decline in Natural Numbers
- The Normal School (Spring, 2015 - Print) - "Playing Fetch"
- Blunderbuss Magazine - Another Name for Stargazing
- Joyland Magazine - Notice of a Fourth Location
- Tin House Flash Fridays / The Guardian - How To Eat Chicken Wings: A Tutorial
- Bridge Eight (Fall, 2015 - Print) - "Engineering in Four Cars"
- Ninth Letter (Fall, 2015 - Print) - "See also: A history of glassmaking"
- North American Review (Winter, 2016 - Print) - "Biddenden Maids"
- Portland Review (Winter, 2016 - Print) - "Cut Out of the Belly"
- The Greensboro Review (Spring, 2016 - Print) - "Roseate's Book of Penmanship"
- Grist Journal Online Companion - A Guy Walks into a Bar
- OSU's The Journal - Felt in the Jaw
- 7x7.la (collaborative project with Adam Raymont) - Neoteny
- Blue Earth Review (Winter, 2016 - Print) - "Wanted, Children's Art Curator"
- Cosmonauts Avenue - With Teeth
- Volume 1 Brooklyn - Selectively Bred
- Sundog Lit - little water
- Burrow Press Review - Egg-Laying Queen
- Bennington Review (Upcoming 2017) - "A prolonged muscle contraction"
- New South Review (Upcoming 2017) - "Stitchdown, Turnout"
- Gulf Stream Magazine (Upcoming 2017) - "Replacing the Drive Train"
INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS
- Book Launch at the New York Times - Book Review // Open Book - Stories and Slurpees
- Fear No Lit - Learning How To Reading
- Necessary Fiction - Research Notes
- Alternating Current - On Kristen N. Arnett's 'Felt in the Jaw'
- Split Lip Magazine - From the Writing Desk Of: Kristen Arnett
- Vermont Studio Center, April 2016
- SAFTA Artist Residency, December 2016
- Millay Colony, June 2017
- Tin House Summer Fellowship in Short Fiction (2016), studying under Joy Williams
- Tin House Summer Fellowship in Short Fiction (2015), studying under Lan Samantha Chang
- Kenyon Review Summer Fellowship in Fiction (2015), studying under Caitlin Horrocks
- Tin House Summer Fellowship in Short Fiction (2014), studying under Vanessa Veselka
- Lambda Literary Foundation Fellowship in Fiction (2013), studying under Samuel R. Delany
- Finalist, 2017 Third Coast Magazine Fiction Contest
- Finalist, 2017 DISQUIET International Literary Prize
- Finalist, 2016 Fall Fiction Contest - The Masters Review
- Finalist, 2016 Fiction Prize - Indiana Review
- Best of the Net Nominee 2016 - Grist Journal Online Companion
- Second Place, Blue Earth Review's 2016 Summer Flash Fiction Contest
- Best of the Net Nominee 2016 - OSU's The Journal
- Semi-Finalist, 2016 Raymond Carver Short Story Contest - Carve Magazine
- Runner-Up, 2016 Robert Watson Literary Prize - The Greensboro Review
- Semi-Finalist, 2016 DISQUIET International Literary Prize
- Ninth Letter's 2015 Literary Award in Fiction
- Pushcart Prize Nomination 2015 - Bridge Eight Magazine
- Best of the Net Nominee 2015 - Burrow Press Review
- Yemassee Journal - 2014 William Richey short fiction contest, Finalist
- Glimmer Train's Short Story Award for New Writers - Honorable Mention
- "Dennis Scott Hot Shot" for a poem I wrote about a dead bird in 6th grade